So the year has started with high hopes of achieving better things than we did for ourselves last year and also going by the rise and rise of more people getting depressed everyday as we hear via social media;it is very pertinent that we adopt an old adage which encourages us to cut our coat according to our sizes or as others will rather say according to your material; whichever suits you.
In the light of this,see the below advice to help you stay safe financially and even mentally this year.
1. Put your kids in schools you can afford because expensive schools don’t guarantee good results. Just ensure they attend a good affordable school
2. Rent apartments you can pay for conveniently. Don’t live in a house you struggle to pay yearly.
3. A man whose wife is pregnant has good 9 months to prepare, same as the pregnant woman in question. They should even plan for the worse and only seek help when they can’t meet up.
4. Some problems in our lives don’t just pop up, if you don’t own a home, you know you would pay rents…So its not an emergency.
5. Let’s plan our lives and live within our means. Save more and spend less.
6. Some women buy food for their children every morning before going to school or even for the whole family, do you know it’s cheaper to cook at home?
7. Some people don’t earn much, but have decoders whose subscription is very expensive at home, go for cheaper, easy to maintain decoders and upgrade when your income upgrades. It’s still the same CNN anyway!
8. Eating healthy meals is not always expensive and don’t forget to protect your family from mosquitoes to avoid going to the hospital always.
9. Take advantage of food and fruits in season, its cheaper and you can be creative to create amazing meals.
10.Don’t copy your neighbour’s lifestyle, she earns well and her husband is a ‘big man’. Don’t be surprised they are only pretending. Not all that glitters is gold.
11. Don’t follow trends, wear clean well ironed clothes and keep your hair neat. You would still look good.
12. Keep your circle small, keep only friends that have senses!
13. Above all things, have the fear of God, have integrity, don’t be lazy and be prayerful.
14. Planning is the key, if you fail to plan, you plan to FAIL
15. Don’t do more than your budget this new year, there is no award given to the best family that wore an expensive cloth for the year
16.Don’t be in competition with anyone.